Rosemary and Lemon Pound Cake
- 2 3/4 cups Sugar
- 1 1/2 cups butter, softened
- 6 Eggs
- 3 cups Flour
- 3/4 teaspoons Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup finely snipped fresh lemon balm
- 4 teaspoons finely snipped fresh rosemary
- vanilla ice cream
- fresh blueberries
- rosemary and lemon balm sprigs
- Lemon Glaze, (below)
Serve with vanilla ice cream and fresh blueberries. Cake may be frozen up to one month.
- In large mixer bowl, beat sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition until well blended. Stir together flour, salt and baking powder; add alternately with sour cream, beating on low speed after each addition until just blended. Fold in lemon balm and rosemary. Pour into 2 greased and floured 9 1/4x5 1/4- inch loaf pans. Bake in a preheated 325 F oven until a wooden pick inserted in center comes our clean (70-75 minutes). Pour half of glaze over loaves. Cool 10 minutes in pans; remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Drizzle with remaining glaze.
- To Serve: Slice each loaf into 9 (one-inch) slices; cut slices in half diagonally. Overlap 2 halves on each dessert plate. Accompany with a small scoop of ice cream and top with a spoonful of blueberries. Garnish with rosemary and lemon balm sprigs.
- Lemon Glaze: In small bowl, combine 1 cup powdered sugar and 2 tablespoons lemon juice until well blended.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.