Roasted Strawberries with Black Pepper
Serve these delicious roasted strawberries over ice cream, pound cake or cheesecake for dessert, or mix them into plain Greek yogurt for a sweet and savory breakfast treat.
- 2 pints strawberries, stems removed
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Rinse the strawberries in cool water; place in a strainer or colander and shake off most of the water.
- Slice the strawberries about ⅛ inch thick, place them in a large bowl and sprinkle them with the sugar. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to 4 hours.
- Heat the oven to 375 F. Toss the strawberries with the black pepper, add the balsamic vinegar and put the strawberries and all of their juices into a large sauté pan or a large ovenproof dish.
- Roast for 8 to 10 minutes, until the juices are bubbling and the strawberries are hot but not mushy. Divide among individual dishes and serve immediately.
Recipe source: Epicurious