Roasted Salmon with Orange Herb Sauce
Salmon is a great alternative to chicken for dinner – plus it’s packed with heart-healthy Omega-3 fatty acids. Seafood is delicious paired with citrus; the orange juice and fresh herbs complement this salmon dish wonderfully!
- 1 large orange, unpeeled, sliced
- 1 large onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 1½ tablespoons olive oil
- 6 (3 ounce) skinless salmon fillets
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- ½ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1½ tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Additional unpeeled orange slices
- Heat oven to 400 F.
- Place orange slices in single layer in 13x9x2 inch glass baking dish. Top with onion slices. Drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast until onion is brown and tender, about 25 minutes. Remove from oven. Increase oven temperature to 450 F.
- Push orange and onion slices to side of baking dish. Arrange salmon in center of dish. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and 1½ tablespoons dill. Spoon orange and onion slices on top of the salmon. Roast until salmon is opaque in the center, about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix orange juice, green onions, lemon juice and remaining 1½ tablespoons dill in small bowl.
- Transfer salmon to platter. Spoon onion alongside; discard roasted orange slices. Drizzle orange sauce over fish. Garnish with additional orange slices.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe source: Epicurious