Roasted Salmon Pasta Salad
This flavorful pasta salad combines salmon, fresh herbs and spicy chiles. A wonderful alternative to traditional mayo-based pasta salads!
Preparation time: 35 minutes
2 salmon fillets with skin removed
4-5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
2 bunches of dill (about 2 handfuls), chopped
Salt and pepper
8 ounces elbow macaroni (about half a box)
3 celery stalks, split in half lengthwise, then sliced thinly in the other direction
1 Fresno red chile, sliced thinly, discarding the stalk end that contains the majority of the seeds
¾ cup cooked peas, room temperature
1 full tablespoon mayonnaise
Juice of 1 large lemon
- For the salmon: Heat oven to 400 F. Place both salmon fillets in a baking dish and add 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 bunch of chopped dill, salt, and pepper. Rub oil mixture all over and under the salmon. Rubbing it underneath will keep it from sticking once it’s cooked.
- Roast for 20 minutes. Remove from oven, place in a large bowl and, using a fork, break the salmon apart into small pieces. Let cool in the fridge.
- For the pasta: Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add plenty of salt and give it a stir. Then add the pasta.
- Cook according to package directions until pasta is al dente, then drain and rinse with cool water to stop the cooking process.
- Putting it together: In the bowl with the salmon, add another chopped bunch of dill, celery, the Fresno red chile, peas, the remaining 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil, mayonnaise and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Fold in the pasta and serve.
Recipe source: Honest & Tasty