Roasted Roots & Fruits Salad
Stuck making the same old salads, day after day? Take advantage of all of the hearty root vegetables and vibrant citrus fruits available this time of year and make this wonderful Roasted Roots & Fruits Salad from Salad Girl Organic Salad Dressing.
- 7 ounces fresh organic dark greens, such as baby kale, baby beet greens and red oak leaf
- 2 red beets, roasted whole, cooled, skinned and cut into small bite-sized cubes
- 2 organic parsnips, peeled and cut into small bite-sized julienne strips, roasted and cooled
- 1 ruby red grapefruit, peeled and cut into bite-sized sections
- 2 Cara Cara oranges, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 Moro blood orange, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1½ cups raw organic walnuts (toss in ¼ teaspoon olive oil + a pinch of sea salt)
- 1½ cups grated Sartori BellaVitano Gold Cheese
- 1 bottle of Salad Girl Organic Curry Fig or Lemony Herb or Chile Limon or Toasted Sesame Ginger Organic Salad Dressing
Arrange greens on a plate and top with citrus and roasted root vegetables. Sprinkle with cheese and walnuts. Right before serving, drizzle with Salad Girl Organic Salad Dressing. Enjoy!
Image and recipe source: Salad Girl