Roasted Raspberry Chipotle Chicken Salad with Warm Bacon Vinaigrette
- 4 slices Lunds & Byerlys Uncured Thick-Cut Hickory Smoked Bacon, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup Bronco Bob’s Roasted Raspberry Chipotle Sauce, divided
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (10 ounce) package hearts of romaine
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium high heat; add bacon, cook until crisp (4-5 minutes). Transfer bacon to a bowl; discard all but 3 tablespoons bacon drippings. Add walnuts to skillet; sauté until fragrant (1-2 minutes). Transfer walnuts to bowl with bacon.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper; sauté for 3-4 minutes per side. Reduce heat to low; pour 1/4 cup of raspberry sauce over chicken. Cook, turning once until internal temperature reaches 165 F (5-6 minutes).Allow to sit 5 minutes before slicing into strips.
- In small bowl whisk remaining raspberry sauce, vinegar and olive oil. Stir in bacon and walnuts.
- Divide romaine on four serving plates, sprinkle red onions over romaine. Arrange sliced chicken over each salad; spoon warm vinaigrette over each salad.
- Serving suggestion: Serve with Lunds & Byerlys Artisan Amaranth Rolls.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.