Roasted Fall Vegetables
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 1 ½ pounds butternut squash, peeled, cut into 3 x ½-inch wedges
- ¾ pound carrots, ends trimmed, cut into 2 x ½-inch thick chunks, or left whole
- 1 ½ pounds rutabagas, peeled, cut into ½-inch thick wedges
- 1 zucchini or summer squash, cut into rounds
- 1 ¼ pounds red-skinned sweet potatoes (yams), cut into 2 x ¾-inch wedges
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoons cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ cup finely chopped red onion
- ¼ cup chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
Heat oven to 350 F.
Spray large rimmed baking sheet with nonstick spray.
Combine butternut squash, carrots, rutabagas, summer squash and sweet potatoes in a large bowl.
Add oil and cayenne; toss to coat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Spread vegetable mixture on prepared baking sheet. Roast until vegetables are tender, stirring and turning occasionally, about 1 hour.
Transfer vegetable mixture to bowl. Add red onion, chives and vinegar; toss to blend. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste.