Rice Cakes & White Bean Salsa
- 2 cups water
- ¾ cup organic, short grain, brown rice
- ¼ cup green onion, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 cup canned organic white beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ½ teaspoons L&B Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 3 L&B Large Organic Brown Eggs
- 2 tablespoons tamari, reduced sodium
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- ¼ teaspoons L&B Smoked Spanish Paprika
- ¼ teaspoons black pepper
- 2 tablespoons rice or quinoa flour
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, organic
In a medium saucepan, bring the water to a boil. Add the rice and reduce to a simmer. Cover and cook for 20 minutes.
Remove the pan from the heat and let it stand, covered, for another 20 minutes. Remove the lid, stir rice, and allow it to cool to room temperature.
While the rice is cooling, prepare the white bean salsa. In a medium bowl, combine the onion, tomato, avocado, beans, salt, lime juice and red pepper flakes. Cover with plastic wrap until ready to serve.
To make the rice cakes, in a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, tamari, yeast, paprika, pepper and rice or quinoa flour.
Add the rice and mix well.
Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and add the olive oil. Drop batter into the pan in ½ cup scoops. Cook until brown on one side, about 3 to 4 minutes, and then flip and cook for an additional 3 to 4 minutes.
Top each cake with ½ cup of the white bean salsa. Enjoy!