Rib Eye Roast with Wasabi Crust
- 4 teaspoons wasabi powder
- 4 teaspoons Water
- 7 cloves Minced Garlic
- 2 teaspoons cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 (46 pound) small end, boneless rib eye roast
- Wasabi Sauce, (recipe below)
Rib Eye Roast with the horseradish flavor of a Wasabi Crust is a memorable entree.
- Combine wasabi powder and water; stir in garlic, pepper and salt. Spread over surface of roast. Place roast, fat side up, on rack in shallow roasting pan. Do not add water or cover. Roast in a preheated 350 F oven to desired temperature on a digital thermometer.
- Medium rare: Approximate roasting time 1 3/4 to 2 hours, remove from oven when temperature reaches 135 F. || Medium: Approximate roasting time 2 to 2 1/2 hours, remove from oven when temperature reaches 150 F. || If desired, tent roast loosely with foil halfway through roasting time.
- To Serve: Remove from oven; cover with foil and let "set" about 15 minutes before carving. The internal temperature will rise about 5 to 10 F. Carve roast into slices. Strain juices from pan; pass with roast. Serve with Wasabi Sauce.
- Combine 2/3 cup mayonnaise, 2/3 cup sour cream, 4 teaspoons wasabi powder or 1/4 cup cream-style prepared horseradish and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cover; refrigerate. Garnish with 2 tablespoons snipped fresh chives.
- Tips: Substitute 1/4 cup cream-style prepared horseradish for wasabi powder and water, if desired.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.