Reuben In A Dish
- 1 pound sauerkraut, (about 1 1/4 cups), drained
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 3/4 pound corned beef, thinly sliced
- 1 cup finely shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Thousand Island dressing
- 2 slices Pumpernickel bread, cubed
- 2 tablespoons Butter, melted
- 2 tomatoes, seeded, chopped
An easy way to eat this all time favorite deli sandwich.
- In 2-quart casserole, combine sauerkraut and caraway seeds; spread evenly in bottom. Layer with corned beef and cheese. Combine mayonnaise and Thousand Island dressing; spread over cheese. Toss bread cubes with butter; sprinkle bread cubes and tomatoes over top. Bake in a preheated 350 F oven until heated through (45-55 minutes).
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.