- 1/2 pound Byerly's Hot Italian Sausage
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1cup)
- 1 teaspoon Minced Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (48 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 (14 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup Water
- 1 (3 12 ounce) package sliced pepperoni, slices cut in half
- 1 (16 ounce) package uncooked zita, ribbed or smooth
- 1 (12 ounce) package shredded mozzarella cheese, (3 cups)
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh parsley
An easy dish for a crowd.
- In large skillet, brown sausage, ground beef, onion and garlic; drain. Season meat mixture with Italian seasoning and salt. Stir in both jars spaghetti sauce, water and pepperoni; simmer, covered, 15 minutes. Cook pasta according to package directions in boiling water with 2 teaspoons salt, for minimum time given; drain. Stir pasta into meat sauce. Spoon into 9 1/2x15" glass baking dish. Refrigerate or freeze, if desired.
- To Bake: Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven, covered, 15 minutes; remove cover and stir. Combine cheeses and parsley; sprinkle evenly over casserole. Continue baking until bubbly in center and cheese is melted (15-25 minutes).
- Tips: If frozen, defrost in refrigerator 24 hours before baking. Let stand at room temperature 1 hour. Bake as directed above.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.