- 1 1/2 cups brown basmati rice
- 1/2 cup wild rice
- 1/8 cup amaranth
- 4 cups Water
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or organic butter
- 1 large organic yellow onion, diced (about 2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons Minced Garlic
- 8 ounces Baby Bella or wild mushrooms, sliced
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh sage
- 1 cup organic chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup pecan halves, toasted, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
As presented at the Twin Cities Food & Wine Experience
- In a mesh strainer, rinse brown rice, wild rice and amaranth. In a large pot, combine grains with water and salt. Cover; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer; cook until tender (40-50 minutes). Remove from heat and allow to stand, covered, 10 minutes.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add onion; sauté until transparent (about 5 minutes). Add garlic, mushrooms, and sage; sauté until soft (5-7 minutes), stirring often. Add broth; reduce heat, simmer 3-5 minutes. Add rice mixture, stirring to combine. Add pepper and heat through. Remove from heat and fold in pecans and cranberries.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.