You can shortcut this recipe by using any of our signature sauces with these delicious ribs instead of the Honey Barbecue Sauce. Try Maple Rosemary, Chipotle Chile, Kentucky Bourbon or Twin Cities Original BBQ Sauce.
- Cut ribs into serving size pieces; remove any excess fat. Place in large skillet or Dutch oven; pour beer or water over ribs just to cover; add 1 tablespoon rib rub. Cover; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 20 minutes. Drain. Sprinkle ribs with remaining rib rub and salt and pepper to taste.
- To Grill: Spray grill rack with no stick cooking spray. Using direct heat cooking method, arrange ribs over medium heat. Grill 30 minutes, turning frequently. Brush with Honey Barbecue Sauce and continue grilling, until ribs are fork- tender (5-15 minutes), turning often and basting frequently with sauce.
- To Bake: Arrange drained ribs single layer in shallow baking pan. Brush with half the sauce. Bake, covered, in preheated 325 F oven until fork-tender (about 1 hour). Brush with sauce; pass remaining sauce.
- Honey Barbecue Sauce: In medium saucepan, combine 1 cup ketchup, ¼ cup lemon juice, ¼ cup honey and 1 teaspoon Lunds & Byerlys Twin Cities Rib Rub. Simmer over medium heat 15 minutes.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.