- Turkey Breast
- 1 68 lb turkey breast
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon Minced Garlic
- 1 14 oz package fresh rosemary
- 1 14 oz package fresh thyme
- Herb Gravy
- 1 14 12 oz can fat-free chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- reserved herbs from turkey breast
- Rinse turkey breast; pat dry with paper towels. To loosen turkey skin, lift skin on each side and gently pull back to center (breast bone); be sure skin is still attached at bone.
- In small bowl, combine butter and garlic. Snip herbs, reserving 1 teaspoon each for gravy. Combine remaining herbs with garlic butter. Spread all but 2 tablespoons butter over each side of turkey breast.
- Pull skin over buttered sides and tuck under breast or fasten with wooden skewer along cut edges. Place breast on rack in shallow roasting pan.
- Roast in a preheated 325 F oven until meat thermometer reaches 165 F (2 1/4-3 1/4 hours), basting twice with reserved herb butter. Let stand, covered, 15 minutes before carving.
- Pour juices from roasting pan into gravy skimmer. Pour 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can fat-free chicken broth and 2 tablespoons dry sherry into roasting pan. Slowly pour in fat-free juices from spout of gravy skimmer; heat through.
- In small bowl, combine 1/4 cup flour and 1/4 cup water until smooth. Slowly add to juices in pan, stirring constantly.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil; boil and stir 1 minute.
- Stir in reserved herbs; 1/4 teaspoon each salt and black pepper. Makes 2 cups.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.