- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced shallots
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup softened, crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 12 (12 inch) slices French baguette bread
- 3 (5ounce) packages Dole Spring Mix
- 1/3 cup pine nuts, toasted
Spring greens are a mixture of baby lettuces, endive and mustard greens.
- In small bowl, combine first 6 ingredients; whisk to blend. Set aside. With fork combine cheese and butter (keep cheese somewhat chunky). Evenly divide and spread cheese mixture on each slice of bread. Place on a non-stick baking sheet. Preheat oven to 350°F. Bake for 7 minutes. Remove from oven; cool slightly.
- To Serve: Toss spring mix with vinaigrette; arrange on six salad plates. Sprinkle with toasted pine nuts. Arrange 2 toasts on side of each plate.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.