Festive and fun cake. Order white chocolate cigarettes ahead of time in our bakery.
- Line bottom of two 8-inch round, 2-inch deep cake pans with parchment circles. DO NOT grease or flour pans. Prepare cake mixes together in large mixer bowl according to package directions onbox. Stir in almond extract (optional). Bake according to package directions on box. Cool thoroughly. Remove from pans. Refrigerate overnight. Invert cakes onto flat cutting board. Level tops of cakes.
To Prepare Icing:
- In mixer bowl, combine 2 (1 pound) boxes powdered sugar, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 cup milk, 1/2 cup softened butter and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, beat with electric mixer until smooth and creamy; scrape bowl often. Consistency should be stiff yet spreadable.
- Brush loose crumbs from side. Place one cake on serving platter. Spread 1/4 frosting evenly over first layer, leaving 1/2-inch to prevent frosting from going over side. Spread strawberry jam evenly over frosting. Arrange remaining cake layer on top of filling. Frost top and side of cake with remaining frosting. Refrigerate 1-2 hours. Arrange white chocolate cigarettes around cake. (Cigarettes can be broken into various lengths). Refrigerate cake 2-3 hours or overnight.
- Brush remaining strawberry jam over strawberries. Arrange strawberries on top of cake. Serve within 2 hours. Cut cake between cigarettes.
- The trick to baking a cake that is almost level, and only in need of a small amount of trimming, is using a parchment paper circle on the bottom, and not greasing or flouring the cake pans.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.