- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large white onion, (finely diced)
- 3 peeled and finely diced carrots
- 3 stalks finely diced celery
- 4 cloves Minced Garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire
- 2 pounds ground turkey, (can also be ground beef)
- 2 tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 1 cup red wine, (or chicken broth)
- 2 cans crushed tomatoes, (28-ounce)
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large soup pot or skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion, carrots, celery, garlic, Italian seasoning, red pepper and Worcestershire; cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add turkey and cook until no longer pink, breaking it up into smaller pieces as you go. Add tomato paste and cook another 2 minutes. Add red wine and deglaze the pan. Add crushed tomatoes, salt and pepper. Transfer to slow cooker and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Recipe by: greens & chocolate | http://www.greensnchocolate.com/
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.