- Combine ground black pepper, red pepper flakes, garlic, rosemary, Bragg Liquid Aminos, cabernet, and sea salt in a shallow container, add sirloin steak. Marinate the steak for 2-4 hours in the refrigerator, turning steak over mid-way to soak up marinade on other side. Before cooking, let steak come to room temperature for 30 minutes. In the meantime, prep all your ingredients so they are ready.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and heat a wide seasoned cast iron skillet to medium-high (smoking hot) on the stovetop. Remove steak from marinade and with butter knife, scrape off all bits and pieces of seasonings and put back into marinade. Set the marinade aside for later use. Blot/dry the steak with a paper towel and season both sides with sea salt.
- Add oil to pan and swirl around to coat. Add steak to pan. Do not touch steak for 3 minutes. After 3 minutes, using tongs, flip steak and add 2 tablespoons of butter next to steak. Allow steak to cook for 3 more minutes. With spoon, constantly baste melted butter over steak for full 3 minutes.
- Transfer pan to oven and set a timer for 4 minutes. Remove pan from oven at 3 minutes for rare, 4-5 minutes for medium rare, and 7-8 minutes for medium well. Remove steak to a serving dish and tent with foil. Allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile deglaze the pan with leftover marinade. Turn the heat back to medium-high. Add 2 tablespoons of butter and the mushrooms and arugula. Allow to cook while steak is resting (10 minutes) stirring and turning the mixture throughout.
Slice steak on the bias and serve over greens and mushrooms.
- Calories: 270 Total Fat: 15g Saturated Fat: 7g Trans Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 85mg Sodium: 290mg Carbohydrate: 5g Fiber: 2g Sugars: 2g Protein: 27g
- Nutrition content of this recipe is calculated by a registered dietitian nutritionist. Due to variations in ingredients and measurements, values are approximations. Nutrients provided for this recipe represent values based on the best available information. This information is not intended to treat or diagnose. Please consult your physician for diet recommendations specific to your personal needs.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.