- 1 cup Quinoa
- 2 cups Water
- 2 teaspoons Kosher Salt, divided
- 1 (15 ounce) can organic black beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can sweet corn, drained
- 2 small tomatoes, diced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup green bell peppers, small diced
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Rinse quinoa in a very find mesh strainer. Combine quinoa, water and 1 teaspoon salt in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered for 30 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand, covered for 15 minutes. Fluff with a fork and place in a shallow pan to cool. Combine cooled quinoa, black beans, corn, tomatoes, onions, peppers and cilantro. In a separate small bowl whisk together dressing ingredients and remaining salt. Pour over quinoa mixture; gently fold together. Serve with warm flour tortillas.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.