- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Arrange roast, fat side up, on rack in shallow roasting pan. With long knife, make deep cuts, one inch apart, into top and sides of roast. Insert clove of garlic into each cut. Brush entire surface with oil; generously sprinkle with pepper.
- Roast beef until meat thermometer registers 130 F for rare (12-15 minutes per pound) or 140 F for medium-rare (16-19 minutes per pound). Remove roast to cutting board. Cover with foil; let stand 10-15 minutes. Temperature will increase 5-10 degrees. Refrigerate, covered, several hours or overnight.
- To Serve: Remove garlic cloves. Slice diagonally across grain into thin slices. Place sliced meat in rolls. Serve with Peppery Horseradish Aioli or your favorite sandwich spread.
- Peppery Horseradish Aioli: In small mixer bowl, beat ½ (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened, ¼ cup mayonnaise, ¼ cup finely chopped green onion, 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish, 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, 2 teaspoons pepper mélange or whole black peppercorns, finely crushed, 1-2 cloves garlic, peeled, minced and dash salt. Serve cold.
- FoodE Tip: To easily crush the whole peppercorns, place in a plastic bag and seal. Hit with the base of a small saucepan to crush them.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.