Choose a 3-8 pound prime roast allowing 1/3-1/2 pounds per serving.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Press 1 of the herb rubs (below) onto all meat surfaces. Place roast, fat side up, on rack in shallow roasting pan. Insert meat thermometer so tip is centered in thickest part of lean meat, not touching fat. Cook roast according to chart (see below). Remove roast from oven when meat thermometer reaches temperature on chart for desired doneness. Let stand, covered with foil, 10-15 minutes before carving.
- * Medium rare doneness = 145 F final meat temperature after 10 to 15 minute standing time. *Medium doneness = 160 F final meat temperature after 10 to 15 minute standing time.
Veggie Blend Herb Rub:
- In small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons olive oil, 4 teaspoons dried veggie blend (crushed), 1 tablespoon salt, 1 tablespoon minced garlic and 1 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper.
Dried Herb Rub:
- In small bowl, combine 2 teaspoons garlic powder, 1 teaspoon each dried chervil, tarragon and thyme (crushed) and 1 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper.
- For assurance of quality, it is not recommended to roast a rib eye roast weighing over 8 lbs. For best result, cut rib eye roasts larger than 8 lbs. in half and follow corresponding times above or select another cut of meat.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.