- 2 ripe plums, unpeeled, pitted and finely diced, (1-1/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil leaves
- 1/2 cup Robert Rothschild Plum Garlic Thai Sauce, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 (6 ounce) stealhead salmon fillets
- 1-1/2 teaspoons each kosher salt and cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion, including some green parts
- In medium bowl, combine plums, vinegar, basil, 2 tablespoons Plum Garlic Thai Sauce and ginger. Refrigerate, covered, until ready to serve.
- Rinse salmon; pat dry with paper towels.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. While skillet is heating, season salmon with salt and pepper. Add oil to skillet; swirl to coat. Add salmon, skin side up; bronze for 2 minutes. Turn and bronze other side for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low; continue to cook until salmon just flakes with a fork (4-6 minutes). Add remaining Plum Garlic Thai Sauce during last 2 minutes of cooking time, making sure sauce cooks into salmon. Remove to 2 dinner plates; sprinkle with onions. Serve with plum relish.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.