- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 2¼ cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Cream Cheese Swirl
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 egg whites
- ½ teaspoons peppermint extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 9x13" baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In medium bowl, combine cocoa powder, salt, baking powder, and flour. Set aside.
- Melt butter in medium bowl in microwave. Combine melted butter with granulated sugar and with an electric mixer, beat on high until well combined, about 1 minute.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating until combined.
- Add vanilla extract, beating until combined.
- Add flour mixture to butter/sugar mixture and beat on low until combined. Fold in chocolate chips. Pour into prepared baking dish.
- In small bowl, beat cream cheese until light and fluffy, about 1 minute. Add sugar, egg whites, and peppermint extract, beating until combined.
- Remove half of the cream cheese mixture, and place into piping back or plastic baggie.
- Add red food coloring to remaining cream cheese mixture, until desired color is reached. Place red cream cheese mixture in a separate plastic baggie.
- Cut a small piece off the corner of the non-colored cream cheese plastic bag and create rows of cream cheese on top of the brownie mixture, going the short way in the brownie pan. Repeat with red cream cheese mixture.
- Using a knife, swirl the rows the long way of the brownie pan, creating swirls.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35-40 minutes, until tester comes out with just a few crumbs from the middle. Let cool completely, then cut into bars and enjoy!
- Recipe by: greens & chocolate | http://www.greensnchocolate.com
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.