- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup raspberry vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Sugar
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- dash freshly ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- 8 cups mixed baby greens or spring mix
- 2 cups watercress
- 6 ounces Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 2 large Red Anjou pears, cored and thinly sliced
Caramelized pecans, mixed baby greens, juicy pears and Gorgonzola combine for a sensational salad.
- In medium bowl, whisk together first 6 ingredients; refrigerate, covered.
- In small skillet, heat 2/3 cup sugar over medium heat until sugar melts. Stir in pecans until well-coated. Spread on buttered foil or parchment paper. When cool, chop into bite-sized pieces; set aside.
- Divide greens among 8 salad plates; top with watercress and Gorgonzola. Fan pear slices on top; sprinkle with pecans. Drizzle vinaigrette over salads; serve immediately.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.