- 25 chocolate creme sandwich cookies
- 1/4 cup Butter or Margarine, softened
- 3 squares unsweetened chocolate, 1 ounce squares
- 1/4 cup Butter or Margarine
- 2/3 cup Sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk, (2/3 cup)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 pint whipping cream, (1 cup)
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1 quart coffee ice cream
- Crumble cookies in blender, or in plastic beg with rolling pin. Combine crumbs and softened butter in 10" glass pie plate; press against bottom and side of plate. Refrigerate. Melt chocolate and butter in heavy saucepan over low heat. Remove from heat; stir in sugar, salt and evaporated milk. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until thick(about 4 minutes). Stir in vanilla and almond extract; cool. Whip cream; fold in powdered sugar and nuts.
- To Assemble Pie: Spoon ice cream into shell, packing firmly. Spread cold chocolate sauce over ice cream; top with whipped cream mixture. Freeze.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.