- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2-3 teaspoons minced gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon Minced Garlic
- 3 cans chicken broth with 1/3 less salt, 14 1/2 ounce
- 2 cups cooked wild rice
- 2 tablespoons lite soy sauce
- 1/2 pound snow peas, strings removed, sliced diagonally in half
- 1/2 cup green onions, diagonally sliced
The peppery, slightly sweet flavor of gingerroot permeates the soup.
- Slice chicken into julienne strips. In large kettle or Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Stir-fry chicken 2 minutes. Add gingerroot and garlic; stir-fry 1 minute. Stir in chicken broth, wild rice and soy sauce. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, 10 minutes. Stir in snow peas and onions; heat through (about 1 minute).
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.