- 2 ounce unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 cup Butter or Margarine
- 3/4 cup Water
- 2 cups Flour
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon soda
- 2 teaspoons espresso powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 Eggs, divided
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 8 ounce mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 1 (35 ounce) bar dark bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
A rich and delicious chocolate dessert.
- In small saucepan, melt chocolate and butter in water over low heat; cool. In large mixer bowl, combine next 5 ingredients. Add 2 eggs, sour cream, vanilla and almond extract. On low speed, blend in chocolate mixture until smooth, about 1 minute. In small bowl, beat 1 egg, Mascarpone cheese and sugar until smooth. Spread chocolate batter in bottom of greased and floured 10x15-inch jelly roll pan. Drop cheese mixture by tablespoons over chocolate batter. Using a knife, gently swirl each several times to create a marble effect. Bake in preheated 375 F oven until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean (about 25 minutes). Cool on wire rack. Cut into bars. In small microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate bar (medium) for 2 minutes, stirring once. Drizzle with chocolate. Serve at room temperature. Store covered in refrigerator.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.