- Toast millet in a heavy skillet over medium heat until lightly browned, fragrant and popping (2-3 minutes). Set aside to cool.
- Bring water and salt to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add millet and lower heat to simmer; cover and cook until tender and all liquid is absorbed (25-30 minutes). Let stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Add carrots, pecans, panko, lentils, egg and Northern Lights Seasoning; mix well.
- In a food processor, blend navy beans, mayonnaise, tahini, shoyu, and garlic until smooth. Combine this mixture with millet and vegetables; mix well. Form into patties that are four inches wide and 3/4-inch thick.
- Prepare grill for direct heat grilling. Spray grill rack with non-stick cooking spray. Using the direct heat cooking method, arrange burgers on grill rack four to five inches over medium coals. Grill, covered or uncovered, 5-6 minutes without turning. Gently turn burgers and grill 5-6 minutes on other side.
- - Serve with whole grain burger buns for a delicious traditional burger or use as the centerpiece for a vegetarian dinner accompanied by organic vegetables.
- To make vegan, substitute 2 ounces silken tofu for the egg.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.