- 3 tablespoons Chicken Broth
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry, divided
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, divided
- 1 tablespoon lite soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Sugar
- 2 pounds sea scallops, tendons removed
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon White Pepper
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 3-4 dried red chiles, split in half lengthwise, seeds removed
- 1 tablespoon Minced Garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks (about 1 cup)
- 4 green onions, diagonally sliced 1 1/2-inches long
- 1/2 cup peanuts
A spicy Chinese stir-fry dish.
- In small bowl, combine chicken broth, 1 tablespoon sherry, soy sauce, 1 tablespoon cornstarch and sugar; mix well. Set aside. Drain scallops very well and place in large bowl. Combine remaining 1 tablespoon sherry and 1 tablespoon cornstarch, salt and pepper; toss with scallops. Set aside. In large skillet, heat oil over high heat; add the chiles and stir-fry until they begin to darken (about 1 minute). Add garlic and ginger; continue stir-frying for 30 seconds. Add red peppers and green onions; continue stir-frying for 1-2 minutes. Add scallop mixture; stir frequently, but not constantly until scallops are just opaque (about 3-4 minutes). Add chicken broth mixture to the scallops; stirring until sauce thickens (about 1 minute). Add peanuts and stir to coat. Serve immediately.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.