- Place brisket in large Dutch oven; add water and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer until almost tender (1 ½-2 hours).
- Add potatoes, carrots and onion to Dutch oven; cover and simmer until brisket is fork-tender (20-25 minutes). Transfer brisket to platter; cover with foil to keep warm.
- Add cabbage to Dutch oven; cover and simmer until all vegetables are tender (20-25 minutes).
- Slice brisket at a slight angle into thin slices. Arrange on platter with vegetables.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.