- 1 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup Italian dressing
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound dry gemelli pasta
- 1/2 pound green beans, cut into thirds
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup julienned radishes
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions including some tops
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Wisantigo Asiago cheese
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- fresh basil sprigs
- Basil Buttermilk Dressing
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Minced Garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
Buttermilk, a low fat milk, helps create a lighter dressing.
- Arrange chicken in zipper closure food storage bag; add Italian dressing. Seal bag; refrigerate, turning bag occasionally, several hours or overnight. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Spray grill rack with no stick cooking spray. Using direct heat cooking method, arrange chicken breasts 4-5 inches over medium-hot coals. Sprinkle with salt. Grill, covered, turning once, until juices run clear (9-11 minutes). Cool; cut in half lengthwise and then crosswise into thin strips. Cook pasta according to package directions until just tender (10-12 minutes); drain. Rinse with cold water; drain. Meanwhile, cook green beans in boiling salted water until crisp-tender (5-7 minutes); drain. Rinse with cold water; drain. Combine chicken, pasta, green beans, red pepper, radishes, onions and cheese. Gently fold Basil Buttermilk Dressing into pasta mixture. Refrigerate, covered, several hours or overnight.
- To Serve: Stir in pine nuts. Spoon into serving bowl; garnish with basil sprigs.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.