Switch up the traditional hot cereal and make it savory. Top with vegetables instead of fruit.
- Place the kale and basil in food processor and process until greens turn into paste, adding the water and scraping down the side until you have a smooth paste. Set aside.
- In medium sauce pan combine chicken stock, milk, grits, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, stir, cover pan and reduce heat to low. Simmer, stirring frequently, for 12-15 minutes. Turn heat off and let rest covered for 10 minutes.
- Right before serving, stir in green mixture and yogurt. Divide between 4 bowls and divide avocado, tomatoes, sunflower seeds and olive oil evenly between each bowl. Serve immediately.
- Calories: 350 Total Fat: 16g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 5mg Sodium: 220mg Carbohydrate: 42g Fiber: 6g Sugars: 5g Protein: 10g
- Nutrition content of this recipe is calculated by a registered dietitian nutritionist. Due to variations in ingredients and measurements, values are approximations. Nutrients provided for this recipe represent values based on the best available information. This information is not intended to treat or diagnose. Please consult your physician for diet recommendations specific to your personal needs.