- 1 (10 ounce) bag torn romaine lettuce, (8 cups)
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely snipped fresh oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Minced Garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup drained calamata olives
- 1 (7 ounce) package Greek feta cheese, crumbled (1 3/4 cups)
- 3 tablespoons pignoli nuts, toasted
Olive oil, feta cheese, calamata olives and garlic are staples of Mediterranean cooking.
- In large salad bowl, combine romaine, onion and tomato; refrigerate, covered. In small bowl, combine olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper; whisk to blend.
- To Serve: Drizzle dressing over greens, add olives; toss lightly. Sprinkle with feta cheese and pignoli nuts.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.