- 2 tablespoons Lunds & Byerlys honey
- 1/2 tsp (divided) Lunds & Byerlys sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper, ground
- 1 teaspoon Lunds & Byerlys dried fennel seed
- 1 teaspoon Lunds & Byerlys anise seed
- 1 teaspoon Lunds & Byerlys dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon Lunds & Byerlys red pepper flakes
- 1-2 pound All natural boneless center cut pork lion roast
- 5 cups rainbow chard, tighly packed, chopped
- 4 cups shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon California Olive Ranch Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons Lunds & Byerlys currants
- 1 tablespoon garlic, miced
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. With a mortar and pestle, or using the back flat edge of a large knife, lightly crush the fennel, anise, and dried rosemary to release their aroma.
- Rub pork all over with honey, sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper, and distribute the crushed fennel, anise, and rosemary along with the red pepper flakes all over the top and sides of the pork loin roast.
- In a 9-by-13-inch roasting pan toss chopped chard and shiitakes with extra virgin olive oil, ¼ teaspoon salt, currants, and minced garlic. Place pork loin roast directly on top (pork will rest on some of the vegetables); roast 20 minutes. Remove from oven and turn over the vegetables that are not covered by the pork. Roast another 20-25 minutes or until pork juices run clear and an instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest part of meat registers 145 degrees F. Remove pork and vegetables from pan; let meat rest 15 minutes before slicing.
- Calories: 270 Total Fat: 8g Saturated Fat: 1.5g Trans Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 85mg Sodium: 460mg Carbohydrate: 15g Fiber: 2g Sugars: 10g Protein: 39g
- Nutrition content of this recipe is calculated by a registered dietitian nutritionist. Due to variations in ingredients and measurements, values are approximations. Nutrients provided for this recipe represent values based on the best available information. This information is not intended to treat or diagnose. Please consult your physician for diet recommendations specific to your personal needs.
Optional Ingredients: This dish is delicious served with Minnesota Wild Rice.