- 4 cups Milk
- 3/4 cup Ghirardelli Old Fashioned Double Chocolate Hot Chocolate Mix
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoon tablespoons brandy or Irish whiskey, optional
Cayenne adds a surprising kick to this sinfully rich cocoa.
- In a 2 1/2-quart saucepan over medium heat, combine milk, hot chocolate mix, cayenne pepper and salt. Heat mixture, stirring to dissolve cocoa, until steaming hot, do not boil. Stir in brandy or whiskey, if desired. Divide cocoa among 4 mugs and top each with a large dollop of whipped cream.
- Tip: Brandy adds a sweet nuttiness to the cocoa while the addition of the Irish whiskey creates a cocoa with more depth and complexity.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.