- Rinse quinoa under cold running water using a fine mesh strainer for about 30 seconds. Combine quinoa, chopped apple, raisins, vanilla, and cinnamon with water in a pot and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in whole milk and remove from heat.
- Spoon into serving bowls and top with flax seed (1/2 tablespoon per serving).
- Calories: 230 Total Fat: 4.5g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 5mg Sodium: 25mg Carbohydrate: 42g Fiber: 5g Sugars: 19g Protein: 6g
- Nutrition content of this recipe is calculated by a registered dietitian nutritionist. Due to variations in ingredients and measurements, values are approximations. Nutrients provided for this recipe represent values based on the best available information. This information is not intended to treat or diagnose. Please consult your physician for diet recommendations specific to your personal needs.
Optional Toppings: raw chopped walnuts, bee pollen
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.