- 3 (6 12 ounce) cans Miller's Select White Crabmeat, drained
- 1 1/4 cups panko Japanese style bread crumbs, divided
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 5 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons snipped fresh Italian parsley
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- Melon Salsa, below
These crab cakes can be made up to 24 hours ahead and refrigerated. For extra easy crab cakes, purchase them in our seafood department and top with the Melon Salsa.
- In large bowl, combine crab meat and ½ cup panko bread crumbs; pour remaining ¾ cup bread crumbs into shallow dish.
- In small bowl, combine next 6 ingredients; gently fold into crabmeat mixture.
- With hands, shape mixture into 8 patties, ¾ inch thick and 2 ½ inches in diameter (about ⅓ cup mixture). Place each patty in bread crumbs, turning to lightly coat both sides. Arrange on large plate; cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least 3 hours.
- To Serve: In large skillet, heat butter and oil over medium heat. Add crab cakes; cook until golden (5-6 minutes per side). Serve with Melon Salsa.
- Melon Salsa: In medium bowl, combine 1 cup diced cantaloupe, ¼ cup diced cucumber, ¼ cup diced red pepper, 2 tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro, 1 tablespoon sliced green onion, 2 teaspoons snipped fresh mint, 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice, ⅛ teaspoon salt and dash coarse ground black pepper. Refrigerate, covered, several hours.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.