- 4 cups Water
- 1/3 cup shiitake mushrooms, dried
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon Lunds & Byerlys sea salt
- 1/2 cup cabbage or bok choy, thinly slices
- 1/4 cup celery, thin bias cut
- 1/2 cup carrots, julienned
- 1/2 cup firm organic tofu, diced
- 1 heaping cup Earthbound Farm Organic "Zen" Greens
- 1 cup snow peas, thin bias cut
- 3 tablespoons organic white miso
- 1/4 cup scallions, thin bias cut
- In a small saucepan add water, dried shitakes, ginger, garlic, and sea salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes. This will help concentrate the broth.
- Strain broth through a fine mesh strainer, discarding mushrooms, ginger and garlic bits resulting in a clear, liquid broth. Place broth back in saucepan; add cabbage, celery and carrots then simmer for 7-10 minutes. At this time, place diced tofu, greens and snow peas into the saucepan and heat for 1-2 minutes, or until greens are wilted.
- Remove from heat. Dissolve miso in 2-3 tablespoons of your prepared broth then stir into soup. Divide into bowls and garnish with green onions.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.