- 1 1/2 pounds meat loaf mixture, (ground beef pork and veal)
- 3 cups Water
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 cups 1/4 inch diagonally sliced celery
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon brown sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) bag fresh bean sprouts, rinsed, or (14.5 ounce) can bean sprouts, drained
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 1 (14 ounce) package Boil-in-Bag Rice, cooked
- 1 (6 ounce) bag wide style chow mein noodles
Minimal preparation for this family favorite.
- In a large kettle or Dutch oven, brown meat loaf mixture; drain. Add 3 cups water, onion and celery. Cook until vegetables are crisp-tender (5-10 minutes). Stir in soy sauce, sugar, salt and brown sauce. Stir in bean sprouts. Bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and 1/3 cup cold water until smooth; gradually stir into chow mein mixture. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; boil and stir 1 minute. Serve over hot cooked rice, top with chow mein noodles.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.