- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned oatmeal
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2/3 cup Lyle's Golden Syrup
- 1 (97ounce) package Scharffen Berger 70% cacao bittersweet chocolate, chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 cup lingonberry jam
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
The cranberry-flavored lingonberries add interest to this rich chocolate pie.
- Combine 1/4 cup sugar, oatmeal and flour; stir in 6 tablespoons melted butter. Line the bottom of an 8-inch springform pan with parchment paper. Press oatmeal mixture into bottom and up sides of springform pan. Bake in preheated 375 F oven 10 minutes. Heat 2/3 cup cream, 1/4 cup butter and syrup to a low boil (3-5 minutes), stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in chocolate pieces. Stir until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Pour into crust; chill to set chocolate. Spread on lingonberry jam. Chill several hours or overnight. To serve: Whip 1 cup heavy whipping cream with 1 tablespoon sugar. Cut pie into wedges; serve with sweetened whipped cream.
- Tip: Substitute 1/2 cup fresh lingonberries for lingonberry jam, when available. When using fresh lingonberries, sprinkle on top of chocolate ganache while it is still warm.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.