- 1 (6ounce) package Uncle Ben's Long Grain & Wild Rice Original Recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons Minced Garlic
- 1 (35ounce) package shiitake mushrooms, stems removed, sliced
- 1 (10 34ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 34ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 (5ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup diced roasted red peppers
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 2 cups shredded, cooked chicken
- 1 cup diced cooked ham
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese, or sharp cheddar cheese
- no stick cooking spray
- 1 (6ounce) can French’s® Original French Fried Onions
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Prepare rice according to package directions. Set aside.
- In small skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add onions, garlic and mushrooms; saute 5 to 7 minutes. Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, whisk together the canned soups. Season with pepper. Gradually whisk in evaporated milk.Stir in roasted peppers, celery, parsley, chicken, ham and cheese. Add rice and mushroom mixtures; mix well.
- Spoon into a 9x13-inch (3-quart) baking dish sprayed with no stick cooking spray. Cover with foil and bake 25 to 30 minutes. Remove foil and sprinkle with fried onions. Return to oven until onions are golden brown (5 to 7 minute).
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.