- 3/4 cup Butter or Margarine
- 1 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 12 cups crustless, soft bread cubes, (1 1/2 pound loaf)
- 1 10 oz can whole chestnuts, drained, coarsely chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup turkey or chicken broth
- In large skillet, melt margarine; cook celery and onion until tender but not brown.
- Stir in next 7 ingredients. In large mixing bowl, combine bread cubes and chestnuts.
- Toss in herb mixture with fork. Stir in egg and enough broth to moisten mixture.
- Spoon into a buttered 2 quart casserole. Bake, covered, in a preheated 325 F oven until heated through (45-50 minutes).
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.