- 1 cup Lunds & Byerlys quinoa, prepared according to package instructions
- 1 Lunds & Byerlys Habanero Mango Chicken Brat
- 1 teaspoon Lunds & Byerlys cumin
- 1 teaspoon Lunds & Byerlys coriander
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 4 teaspoons (divided) California Olive Ranch Olive Oil
- 15 oz can Full Circle organic black beans, undrained
- 4 Lunds & Byerlys organic large eggs
- 2 tablespoons jalapenos, minced
- 2 tablespoons scallions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Lunds & Byerlys pico de gallo
- 1 cup baby arugula
- 1/2 avocado, medium, sliced
- Remove brat from casing, crumble into medium saucepan and cook thoroughly over medium heat with 1 teaspoon olive oil, garlic, coriander and cumin. Add black beans, with liquid, to sausage and simmer for 3 minutes, uncovered.
- While beans and sausage are simmering, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a nonstick pan, crack eggs into pan, and cook to desired doneness. Divide cooked quinoa (1/4 cup per serving) and bean mixture into four separate bowls, and top with one egg each.
- Sprinkle with divided jalapenos, scallions, and cilantro, and serve with 2 tablespoons pico de gallo per serving. Top with arugula and 1/8 avocado (sliced) per serving. Add any other toppings or seasonings as desired.
- Calories: 370 Total Fat: 15g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 210mg Sodium: 520mg Carbohydrate: 36g Fiber: 8g Sugar: 5g Protein: 23g
- Nutrition content of this recipe is calculated by a registered dietitian nutritionist. Due to variations in ingredients and measurements, values are approximations. Nutrients provided for this recipe represent values based on the best available information. This information is not intended to treat or diagnose. Please consult your physician for diet recommendations specific to your personal needs.
Other optional toppings: Squeeze of lime, sliced radishes, your favorite hot sauce