- 2 (2 123 pound) beef tenderloins
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed, squeezed dry
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1/2 cup golden raisins, coarsely chopped
- 2 Eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon Minced Garlic
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper melange
- leafy greens
Extraordinary in taste and presentation.
- Make a lengthwise cut down center of each tenderloin, cutting to within 1/2" of other side. Pound meat with meat mallet to flatten into rough rectangles about 8" wide. Combine next 9 ingredients. Spread half of mixture evenly over each piece of meat to 1/2" of lengthwise edges. Starting with long side, roll up meat jelly roll fashion; tie with string at 1" intervals. Brush entire surface of meat with oil. Sprinkle tops of roasts with pepper melange. Arrange roasts several inches apart on rack in shallow roasting or broiler pan. Roast in a preheated 425 F oven to an internal temperature of 145 F-150 F (40-45 minutes). Cool slightly; refrigerate, covered, several hours or overnight.
- To Serve: Remove strings; carve crosswise into 3/8" slices. Arrange slices on lettuce-lined serving platter. Serve cold.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.