- 18 (38inch thick) slices Byerly's Artisan Parisienne Bread
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pound center-cut beef tenderloins
- olive oil
- Horseradish Mustard Sauce, (below)
- Garlic and Tarragon Aioli, (below)
- 9 grape tomatoes, halved
- 18 parsley sprigs
An electric knife works well for thinly slicing bread and beef tenderloin.
- Arrange bread on baking sheet; bake in preheated 375 F oven until dry but not golden (about 5 minutes). Combine butter and olive oil; spoon Parmesan onto plate. Brush each side of toasted bread with butter mixture, then press each slice in to cheese to coat evenly on both sides. Return toasts to baking sheet and bake until cheese is melted, but not browned (5-7 minutes); remove to wire rack to cool. Store at room temperature in airtight container up to 3 days. Arrange tenderloin on rack in shallow roasting pan. Brush entire surface with oil. Roast in preheated 425 F oven until meat thermometer registers 145 F for medium rare (35-40 minutes). Let stand 30 minutes; wrap in foil and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- To Serve: Slice beef into 18 thin slices; arrange on crostini. Top with a teaspoon of Horseradish Mustard Sauce or Garlic and Tarragon Aioli; garnish with tomato half and parsley.
- Horseradish Mustard Sauce: Combine 1/4 cup each sour cream and mayonnaise and 1 tablespoon each prepared horseradish and Dijon mustard. Refrigerate, covered, serveral hours or overnight.
- Garlic and Tarragon Aioli: Combine 1/2 cup Delouis fils Fresh Aioli Garlic Mayonnaise, 2 teaspoons each minced shallots and parsley, 1 teaspoon each lemon juice and snipped fresh tarragon. Refrigerate, covered, serveral hours or overnight.
- Roast Beef Variation: Omit beef tenderloin; substitue 9 thin slices Boar's Head Roast Beef. Cut slices in half; fold 1/2 slice roast beef over each crostini.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.