Why does everyone love avocado toast? Must be that it’s creamy, buttery without the butter, mildly savory and all the right fats for your brain to kick start into the morning. Plus…it’s just down-right yummy.
- Preheat grill or broiler to medium high.
- Remove pit and skin from avocado and place in bowl. Mash with a fork. Add lemon and sea salt. Cover with plastic wrap pressed down on top of avocado to prevent discoloring. Chill until ready to use.
- If using broiler, place sliced bread on cookie sheet. Brush olive oil on each side of bread and broil or grill until golden, flip to other side and repeat.
- Spread approximately 2 tablespoons of avocado mixture on toast. Top with 2 slices of tomato, approximately 2 tablespoons sunflower sprouts and a pinch of the chopped chives. Optional: Sprinkle with pinch of sea salt and pepper.
- Calories: 370 Total Fat: 23g Saturated Fat: 2.5g Trans Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 400mg Carbohydrate: 40g Fiber: 11g Sugars: 6g Protein: 9g
- Nutrition content of this recipe is calculated by a registered dietitian nutritionist. Due to variations in ingredients and measurements, values are approximations. Nutrients provided for this recipe represent values based on the best available information. This information is not intended to treat or diagnose. Please consult your physician for diet recommendations specific to your personal needs.
Optional toppings: pinch of sea salt & pepper, poached egg
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.