7 months ago
Raspberry Almond Shortbread Thumbprint Cookies
Sweet, buttery treats filled with just a touch of raspberry jam … this cookie has been a part of holiday celebrations for generations!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon almond flavoring
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup raspberry jam
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 teaspoons water
- 1½ teaspoons almond extract
- Combine softened butter, sugar and ½ teaspoon almond flavoring in a medium bowl.
- Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy.
- Add flour; beat at low speed, scraping bowl often, until well mixed.
- Cover; refrigerate at least 1 hour or until firm.
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- Using even tablespoons of dough, shape into balls and place 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Make indentation in center of each cookie with thumb. Fill each indentation with about ¼ teaspoon jam.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Let stand 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to cooling rack. Cool completely.
- Combine all glaze ingredients in bowl with whisk until smooth. Drizzle over cookies.
Amount: 42 cookies
Recipe adapted from Land O Lakes.