Rainbow Scrambled Eggs
- 4 L&B Large Organic Brown Eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- ⅛ teaspoons sea salt
- ⅛ teaspoons black pepper
- 1 tablespoon organic extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- ¼ cup chopped red bell pepper
- ½ cup thinly sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons grated carrots
- ¼ cup chopped greens, tightly packed (spinach, kale, chard)
- ¼ cup thinly sliced avocado
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh herbs (cilantro, parsley, chives, basil)
In a large bowl, beat together the eggs, water, sea salt and black pepper until blended.
In a non-stick skillet, heat the extra virgin olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the red onion, red bell pepper, mushrooms, carrots and greens, lower the heat to medium, and sauté vegetables for 5 minutes until softened.
Add eggs to vegetable mixture in pan and as eggs begin to set, gently pull the eggs across the pan with a spatula forming large soft curds. Continue cooking until thickened and no visible liquid egg remains.
Top with avocado and chopped herbs and serve.