Pulled Chicken 3 Ways
A great alternative to pulled pork! Make it yourself in the slow cooker, use a L&B Rotisserie Chicken, or stop by our deli and pick up one of our handy packs of L&B Pulled Chicken.
Recipe 1: Asian Chicken Cups
Preparation time: 15 minutes
1 tablespoon cooking oil
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 (10-ounce) bag coleslaw mix
1 (8-ounce) bag shredded carrots
4 green onions, chopped
¼ cup hoisin sauce
2 tablespoons soy sauce
3 cups pulled chicken or chopped chicken from a L&B Pulled Chicken
Red cabbage leaves, for serving
Optional toppings: Fresh chopped ginger, chopped peanuts or cashews, chopped cilantro, Sriracha sauce.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic, coleslaw mix, carrots and green onions. Cook, stirring occasionally, until veggies soften slightly.
- Stir hoisin and soy sauce into veggies and cook for a minute or two.
- Stir in the chicken until heated through.
- To serve, spoon the chicken into cabbage leaves and add desired toppings. Delicious with fresh mango or pineapple!
Recipe 2: Chicken & Sausage Skillet
Preparation time: 30 minutes
1 pound L&B ground sausage, broken into bite-sized chunks
1 large onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 cup pulled chicken or chopped chicken from a L&B Pulled Chicken
1 cup L&B Pasta Sauce
12 ounces rigatoni
1-3 cups water
Shredded Parmesan cheese
Chopped cooked bacon
- In a 12-inch skillet, cook sausage, onions and garlic over medium-high heat for 10 minutes.
- Stir in chicken, pasta sauce, uncooked rigatoni and 2 cups of water. Cook until pasta is al dente. Stir occasionally and add water as needed to keep from sticking.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and bacon before serving.
Recipe 3: Chicken Parmesan Sliders
Preparation time: 20 minutes
1 package King’s Hawaiian Rolls
4 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
4 tablespoons basil, chopped, divided
3 cups pulled chicken or chopped chicken from a L&B Rotisserie Chicken
1 cup L&B Marinara Sauce
8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
½ cup butter, melted
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- Without separating rolls, slice in half lengthwise and set the top portion aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese, 2 tablespoons chopped basil, pulled chicken and marinara sauce.
- Distribute chicken mixture evenly on bottom buns.
- Top with slices of fresh mozzarella.
- Put the tops of the rolls back on and brush with mixture of melted butter, garlic, 2 tablespoons basil and 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 20 minutes at 350 F, until buns are golden brown on top.
- Cut into individual sliders and serve.