Porterhouse Steaks with Diablo Sauce
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon Minced Garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (10ounce) can beef consomme
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 porterhouse steaks, cut 1 1/2-inch thick
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat. Sauté garlic and shallot 3-4 minutes or until soft.
- Add flour and stir 1-2 minutes. Slowly pour in consommé, whisking until thickened. Stir in steak sauce, mustard and pepper. Whisk until incorporated. Keep warm over low heat while cooking steaks.
- Brush steaks with oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Place steaks on grill and cook 6-7 minutes per side for medium rare. Transfer steaks to serving plates and spoon sauce over. Serve immediately.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.